Re: Backspace shows [D in WinXP

From: betocool
Subject: Re: Backspace shows [D in WinXP
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:34:18 -0700 (PDT)

It's very annoying really... At home I'm using Octave on Ubuntu 10.04. At
work I have to use WinXP, and run some small tests from time to time. Now I
just installed Octave on a WinXP Virtual Machine at home (the image of
another PC) and it works perfect. I'll try the installation on the other
machine.

Still, I'm guessing it has to do with the character encoding... sadly, I'm
not able to post an image of the problem since it works ok now.

I'll also try on the Win7 partition at home, which I haven't used in ages,
and see how it reacts.

If someone comes up with any ideas or any startup file or config, I'm all
ears!

Cheers,

Betocool