Re: -S option for print

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: -S option for print
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 03:14:18 -0700

On Aug 23, 2011, at 2:34 AM, WILKINSON M. wrote:

Hello all

I’m trying to use the –S option as part of the print command to specify the size of a saved plot. The documentation on the option is as follows:

-Sxsize,ysize
Plot size in pixels for PNG and SVG. If using the command form of the print function, you must quote the xsize,ysize option. For example, by writing "-S640,480".’

The print command I am trying to execute from within a .m function file is as follows:

print(output_file) –dsvg –color –landscape –S1280,800

This does produce a .svg of the plot, however the –S option appears to have no effect. The use of ‘,’ appears to split the option, with ans = 800 printed at the prompt. Encasing the option in “” appears to make it un-interpretable.

How exactly should I construct this option to size my plots?

version = 3.2.4

Thanks
Max

You are mixing the command and function forms of plot putting the file name inside of parentheses and the options outside. Use one form or the other. Try:
  print '-S1280,800' -landscape tst.svg
to get an svg file named tst, or
  print '-S1280,800' -landscape tst.png
to get a png file.