Re: Octave for Windows 64bit

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Octave for Windows 64bit
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:21:05 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- On Mon, 2011/8/22, M S Ram  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to run some octave code and it says memory exhausted. A little
> bit of googling indicates that it has something to do with 64bit indices and
> that the source code needs to be compiled with "--enable-64" option for it to
> work. But I was wondering if there is a precompiled installer for 64bit
> Windows.
>
> Is there a place where I can download the 64bit installer?

No.

Benjamin Lindner have been trying the 64 bit binary based mingw64 but his
activity seems to be stopped more than two month.  I have now changing my build
system (from quite a few days before) to 64 bit mingw.  Perhaps it will take a
lot of times to push 64 bit binaries because for windows, one have to prepare a
lot of dependencies.

Currently the way to use 64 bit octave is to use it on the linuix (I do not
know Free BSD or Mac) .

Perhaps

Regards

Tatsuro