Re: optimizing error: undefined argument

From: DGati
Subject: Re: optimizing error: undefined argument
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 06:17:16 -0700 (PDT)

Doug Stewart-4 wrote:

> To use your function you must pass a number to it like:
>
> func(6)
>
> or
>
> w=6
> func(w)
>
> this will not give an error, But
>
> func
> will give the error that you are seeing.
>

> Doug

Yes, but if I try minimizing a function or maximizing it, I shouldn't pass
it a number since I don't know at which value the function will be minimal.
This is exactly the point.

minimize(func, x) is the syntax to 'minimize', where x is the list of
arguments to func (in this case, only one). Surely I wouldn't need to pass a
number for x?