Re: Simulink for Octave

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Simulink for Octave
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 04:04:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 8/16/11, c. <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: c. <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Simulink for Octave
> To: "xavion" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2011, 2:36 AM
>
> On 16 Aug 2011, at 08:54, xavion wrote:
>
> > Any plans for a Simulink-like capability?  I
> think this would be hugely
> > beneficial to the simulation community and entice more
> users to the Octave
> > user base.  It would save people like myself
> thousands of dollars in
> > Matlab/Simulink licenses.
>
> Would you be willing to invest part of those K$ to fund
> development of a
> simulink-like module for Octave?
>
> c.

If I'm not mistaken, http://www.scilab.org/products/xcos is an approximate
equivalent of 'simulink'.

So, maybe it has to be _ported_ to Octave - rather than developed from
scratch.

Regards,
  Sergei.

P.S. IMO 'scilab' has more features (I mean, with tools other than core
'scilab'), but inferior interpreter. It's a pity there is no FOSS project
combining the best of the two worlds.

'scilab' license is now compatible with GPL.