Just becoming acquainted with Octave

From: Don Scott
Subject: Just becoming acquainted with Octave
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 10:25:27 -0400

First problem:  HOW to set the path to locate data files and the octave equivalent of Matlab m-file?  Have tried every combination I can think of, including verbatim reproduction of the   ADDPATH command in the Manual...... nothing works.  So far I can't get off square 1.

Help please?

--
Don Scott
Wofford College CPO102

"Although the universe doesn't have an end, it had a beginning in the Big Bang. One might ask what is before that, but the answer is that there is nowhere before the Big Bang, just as there is nowhere south of the South Pole."

--- Stephen Hawking