RE: Loading .m file

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: Loading .m file
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:04:32 +0000

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of pavan padmashali
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:49 AM
To: Doug Stewart
Cc: address@hidden

I'm learning image processing using Octave. Images are of .jpg format.

On Aug 9, 2011 8:48 PM, "Doug Stewart" <address@hidden> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 9:36 AM, pavan padmashali <address@hidden> wrote:

Images are displayed on windows 7, but it doesn't work the same with windows xp. So is it a problem arising because of the OS?4

???   Could you explain this.

We need more detail.

What are you doing?

What images?

Doug

Pavan,

Please don't top post, it makes it hard to follow the messages in the list-serv.

I've never had any problems with code sets running on windows 7 vs XP. Please attempt the simplest version of your code to open a file and display the image on both OS versions.

ie.

fileName = absolute path to image;

X = imread( fileName );

figure, imagesc( X );

If the above worked the problem is your code, if it didn't then...

Possible explanations: You using a library or utility not installed in both operating systems. You do not have the path defined in both OSs to an image processing script you wrote and are calling. You didn't install all the image processing/display packages in XP that you installed in Win7. The octave versions are different?

You may also investigate to see if what you really have is plot delay. I remember I ran into a problem that is documented on the list serv where a plot is delayed. A blank figure window will pop up. If this is the case, open a new figure, or do another plot to get the first plot to plot. If the first plot shows up then maybe someone else on the list-serv can remember the command you run to get immediate plot output.

Hope that helps.

William Krekeler