Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with downloading
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 05:22:04 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 8/6/11, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: inadequate/inconsisten 'help pkg' message; problems with
> downloading
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Saturday, August 6, 2011, 4:58 AM
> On 6 August 2011 05:35, Sergei
> Steshenko <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > I have further investigated the issue of stdout/stderr
> messages and now I
> > am sure it's a core 'octave' bug, and I have a fix for
> it.
>
> Please prepare a diff for it. The following two links have
> instructions on how to do this:
>
>       http://jordi.inversethought.com/blog/how-to-write-a-patch-for-octave/
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/How-to-Contribute.html
>
> Thanks,
> - Jordi G. H.

As I said, I continue working on 'pkg.m'. At the moment it has a lot
diagnostic 'fprintf' statement, so making a patch would be unpractical.

If you are interested, you can _manually_ include the code I've posted.

I am not interested in interrupting my work flow at the moment -
unfortunately I have a lot of other things to debug in 'pkg.m'.

If/when I'm done, I'll post the _whole_ 'pkg.m' - it easier for humans
to comprehend files opposed to file deltas, and a patch.

After completion producing a patch makes sense.

Regards,
  Sergei.