Re: Request for information

From: Marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Request for information
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 07:55:46 +0200

On 8/6/2011 12:59 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I have a basic doubt regarding octave interpreter.

I am trying to run an octave script.

At the command line terminal, when I usually run /usr/bin/octave and then
a file a2, it runs fine.

When I make a script file a with the contents-

#! /usr/bin/octave -qf
/home/ubuntu/Desktop/b/a2.m;

and run a,

it says 1: %: not found
         2: Syntax error: Bad for loop variable

(The first line of my a2 file is a comment an second line starts a for loop).

Thanks
Mrinmay Kalita

probably the document is written in a different character set (UTF-8 ?)
than octave expects so the '%' is not recognized.
The second error is probably a follow up of the first.

Try
od -c a2.m | header

to see the begin of the file as ASCII character.

If you remove the first line, does the script works ?

Marco