Re: numel(foo{:}) - feature or bug ?

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: numel(foo{:}) - feature or bug ?
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 09:58:53 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Fri, 8/5/11, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: numel(foo{:}) - feature or bug ?
> To: "Sergei Steshenko" <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Ben Abbott" <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> Date: Friday, August 5, 2011, 9:44 AM
> 2011/8/5 Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden>:
[snip]
> > I think 'octave' should have a
> 'enable_stupid_matlab_bugs' flag.
>
> We have it for some things. It's called --braindead. You
> can see what
> it does if you type "doc braindead".
>
> - Jordi G. H.

"
`--braindead'
     For compatibility with MATLAB, set initial values for user
     preferences to the following values

          PS1                             = ">> "
          PS2                             = ""
          allow_noninteger_range_as_index = true
          beep_on_error                   = true
          confirm_recursive_rmdir         = false
          crash_dumps_octave_core         = false
          default_save_options            = "-mat-binary"
          do_braindead_shortcircuit_evaluation = true
          fixed_point_format              = true
          history_timestamp_format_string = "%%-- %D %I:%M %p --%%"
          page_screen_output              = false
          print_empty_dimensions          = false

     and disable the following warnings

          Octave:abbreviated-property-match
          Octave:fopen-file-in-path
          Octave:function-name-clash
          Octave:load-file-in-path

"

- '--braindead' definitely needs enhancements. WRT numel(foo{:}) too.

Thanks,
  Sergei.