Re: multiplying matrices into tensors?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: multiplying matrices into tensors?
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:51:00 -0400

On  3-Aug-2011, fork wrote:

| James Cloos <cloos <at> jhcloos.com> writes:
|
| > Does octave have an easy way of accomplishing that?  Especially given
| > the homogeneous coordinates?
|
| I wonder if the following would work on Octave (all m-files and old style
object
| code, looks like to me):
|
| http://csmr.ca.sandia.gov/~tgkolda/TensorToolbox/
|
| The list might be curious (1) whether this works and (2) what parts break if
not.

Reading

  http://csmr.ca.sandia.gov/tensortoolboxregistration/reg-2.4.html

I see some license terms that are not at all friendly to free software
or to users (may use for research and evaluation purposes only; may
not use for commercial purposes of any kind, etc.).  So I would
certainly not be able to recommend using that software, and I ask that
you not use the Octave mailing lists to recommend non-free software.

Thanks,

jwe