Re: 'octave' and 'matio'

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: 'octave' and 'matio'
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:54:25 -0400

On  3-Aug-2011, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:

| > Also, you could probably shed some light on
| >
| > https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2011-August/046850.html
| >
| > - if it is related to Matlab IO.
|
| No, oct2mat has nothing to do with mat file IO. I have no further
| insight on this matter.

My understanding is that oct2mat provides a set of functions that are
available in Octave but not Matlab, along with a way to convert
functions written for Octave so that they can run in Matlab.  There
are two parts to this.  First, a translation of some simple things
like comment and string quote styles, then some functions to provide
things that Octave has and Matlab doesn't.  As I understand it, you
aren't supposed to install those funtions with Octave, since Octave
already has them.  You are supposed to use them if you want to run
Octave code with some interpreter that doesn't provide those
functions.

jwe