Re: [OctDev] Plot command in octave 3.2.3 and 3.4.0 using octive binary

From: Martin.Hepperle
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Plot command in octave 3.2.3 and 3.4.0 using octive binary downloads for Intel MAC OS X 5.4.8
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 06:28:56 -0700 (PDT)

well ... yes, compared to gnuplot, surface plots with fltk are extremely fast
(see below) ... but what about text and axis labels? Without these, fltk is
not an alternative. Also the mouse interaction is not yet perfect (zoom
dioes not box-zoom exactly on the region selected, etc.  SO I would say fltk
is more like 94% ready, not 95% ;-)

Is there anything I can do to help? Is there any documentation about how
octave interacts with its "backends"? Digging through the sources is
difficult and the overall logic is not easy to grasp for me.

Martin

PS:
tic();for i=0:100;plot([0:i].^2);drawnow;end;toc()

close()
backend('gnuplot')
putenv('GNUTERM','wxt')
Elapsed time is 34.1 seconds.