RE: imagesc

From: William Krekeler
Subject: RE: imagesc
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:28:28 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of pathematica
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 2:51 PM
To: address@hidden

Thanks for the replies (including Przemek, whose reply has not made it onto
the board).

On reflection, what I intended to ask is whether imagesc() might be used in
a compound function taking the output of another function as its argument.

I wondered whether the plot function might produce something that resembled
the appropriate matrix of RGB values to which imagesc() might be applied, so
that it might be possible to do something along the lines of (I realise that
this might look naive but I was hoping that some modification of it might
work)

> x = SomeVector
> SomeObject = imagesc(plot(x, f(x), SomeScale)

(Then, of course, find some way to print the SomeObject into a file).

Again, don't worry if my question cannot be answered in a sensible way here
because I have not grasped how the various functions work. :-)