Re: plot problem in 3.4.2 (was: Testing binaries of octave for windows (

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: plot problem in 3.4.2 (was: Testing binaries of octave for windows (MinGW32) is updated)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 20:50:40 -0700

On Jul 25, 2011, at 2:55 PM, Liam Groener wrote:

Just in regards to plot time, I have both 3.4 (the binary prepared by Julien Salort) and 3.4.2 installed with MacPorts on my iMac. Running tic;test;toc, where test.m is your file, I get 36.3 seconds with octave 3.4 and 1.3 seconds with 3.4.2. Actually, in the later case, it takes a moment after the run completes for the plot to display; I would guess the elapsed time was more like 3 seconds. I don't know why the big difference between 3.4 and 3.4.2. I would guess some substantial improvement was made in fltk.
I just ran the script with the 3.4 binary on my macbook, a significantly slower machine than my iMac (in everything but disk speed; the macbook has a flash drive). This time, the run time was only 2.4 seconds. I don't know what to make of this. Maybe the 3.4 version on my iMac is corrupted. The script version with subplots took 3.2 seconds.