simple GUI using Qt

From: pantxo diribarne
Subject: simple GUI using Qt
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:41:56 +0200

Hello list,

I am running octave  on Mac os 10.5.8 (J. Salort's 3.4.0 binary) and I would like to be able to add very simple GUI to octave using Qt.

I am currently able to compile simple GUI octfiles  (such as a file browser, see attached) specifying qmake that it should use mkoctfile as compiler.
Back in octave, when I have called such an UI, the behaviour becomes unstable : if I try to load a non builin function (here GetMax), octave crashes

octave-3.4.0:174> help GetMax
Assertion failed: (nread == 1), function handle_number, file lex.ll, line 2367.
panic: Abort trap -- stopping myself...

Are octfiles a good way to do that? Does the problem come from the way I launch an application (QApplication) inside an octfile?
Thanks in advance.

Pantxo