Re: building Octave-3.4.2 on RedHat-5, the problem

From: albert
Subject: Re: building Octave-3.4.2 on RedHat-5, the problem
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 09:20:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Terry,

Thank you for reply.
Unfortunately, building RPM file is too complicated way for me.
For example, I do not know how to create SPEC file and, to my knowledge, it
is not an easy execise.
Following you suggestion, I found this link:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
Installation of epel-release-5-4.noarch.rpm opened me a way to some packages
in Fedora repo.
It is even possible to install Octave-3.05 on my RH5 system (did not try
yet).
I also installed some missed packages, and now the config script looks like
this:
#!/bin/bash
mkdir -p $HOME/soft/octave-3.4.2
./autogen.sh
./configure                     \
  --enable-docs=no              \
  --enable-64=no                \
  --disable-largefile           \
  --enable-openmp=no            \
  --enable-static=no            \
  --without-curl                \
  --without-opengl              \
  --without-framework-opengl    \
  --prefix=$HOME/soft/octave-3.4.2
so most of the packages are available for building.
Unfortunately, octave executable is still crashing.
This is what gdb shows:

0x00002aaaabaeb108 in sigemptyset () from
/home/albert/soft/octave-3.4.2/lib/octave/3.4.2/liboctinterp.so.0

At this stage I would rather postpone any futher attempts.

Best regards,