Re: Testing binaries of octave for windows (MinGW32) is updated

From: Sergei Steshenko
Subject: Re: Testing binaries of octave for windows (MinGW32) is updated
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:38:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 7/19/11, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Uwe Brauer <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Testing binaries of octave for windows (MinGW32) is updated
> To: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 7:12 AM
> >> Regarding Testing binaries
> of octave for windows (MinGW32) is updated; Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> <address@hidden>

>        and the students would
> appreciate very much a GUI fontend)

It's like students studying electricity insist on learning/understanding
electric motors insist on dealing with electric motors only inside electric
drills or as part of drill presses.

Anyway, one can use Notepad++ - it is possible to run an arbitrary
program from it and get the program's output back into a Notepad++ tab.

IIRC, Notepad++ also has Matlab/Octave syntax highlighting mode.

I am not a Windows guy.

In the early nineties I heard a sarcastic opinion that many engineers
can't even use a text editor. Now reading about those students who can't
work without a GUI I realize how much that text editor observation was
correct.

Regards,
  Sergei.