Re: Code Sprint Results

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Code Sprint Results
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:33:13 -0500

On 16 July 2011 20:29, Rik <address@hidden> wrote:
> Wow!  We began somewhat slowly--this was our first sprint ever after
> all--but really picked up speed.  By the end we were checking in
> something every few minutes.  Along the way we also found some
> interesting errors in quadl() and the implementation of permutation
> matrices.  In total, 106 files were taken care of.  Excellent.

The code sprint by numbers:

Changesets committed: 68

Files touched  (including renames): 144

Tests written (including plot demos): 447

People who committed csets: 8

First-time committers: 4

Time spent coding: 9 hours, 10 minutes

Minimum wait between csets during the sprint: 5 seconds
             (between 979b1a518812 and 7fce673b934a)

Approximate number of chat lines in #octave: 1200

Max number of users in #octave during the session: 41

Octave bugs detected while writing tests: 3

Octave bugs fixed during the sprint: 2

All in all, I think this was quite successful, even if we didn't get
to our goal of 150 files with tests. Congratulations to Andriy
Shinkarchuck, David Wells, Sean Young, and Giles Anderson who
contributed their first Octave patches during the sprint.

That was fun. We need to do this again in the near future. Maybe we
can make it a monthly thing. :-) But I really wouldn't want to wait
more than two months before the next sprint.

Happy hacking,
- Jordi G. H.