Error using Mann-Whitney u_test

From: ermutarra
Subject: Error using Mann-Whitney u_test
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:30:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I'm trying to use u_test to test two samples but I get the following error:
error: number of columns must match (1 != 0)
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from:
error:   /Users/ermutarra/Octave/NaN/inst/ranks.m at line 117, column 19
error:   /opt/local/share/octave/3.2.4/m/statistics/tests/u_test.m at line
59, column 8
error:
/Users/ermutarra/WORK//KNN_Analysis/DatuBaseak_k_9/ResultsAnalysis.m at line
482, column 12

The command is:
[pval, z] =
u_test(percentageoutliers([successes]),percentageoutliers([failures]),"<")

These two samples do not have the same number of cases... but as far as I
know Mann-Whitney doesn't require equal size samples. Am I wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!!!