Re: Selecting elements in an image based on area

From: Samuel Setchell
Subject: Re: Selecting elements in an image based on area
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:23:29 +0100

I think I have grabbed one designed for MATLAB....which had been ported for
mac.
I have attempted "pkg install image-1.0.14.tar.gz" and got a few errors as
listed below:

'make' returned the following error:
error: called from `pkg>configure_make' in file
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.2.3/m/pkg/pkg.m near
line 1253, column 2
error: called from:
error:
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.2.3/m/pkg/pkg.m at
line 714, column 5
error:
/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/share/octave/3.2.3/m/pkg/pkg.m at
line 287, column 7

What I had been doing was taking the .m files from the image-1.0.14/inst folder
and moving them into a working folder to use in Octave. However as i mention
the "mybwlabel.m" file found at:

http://www.inf.ed.ac.uk/teaching/courses/ivr/MATLAB/FLATPARTRECOG/mybwlabel.m

seems to work fine. I tried running regionprops.m on my output and got:

ans =
{
  1x381 struct array containing the fields:

    Area
    Centroid
    BoundingBox
}

Is this correct? Im sorry if im not proving enough information or making stupid
errors, i'm very new to MATLAB/Octave and completely self taught. Trying to
learn what I need to complete my MSc dissertation in Geography!

Cheers

Sam