Re: Selecting elements in an image based on area

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Selecting elements in an image based on area
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 10:08:20 -0500

2011/7/13 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> 2011/7/10 Samuel Setchell <address@hidden>:
>> These are the errors I receive when trying to call bwlabel.m :
>>
>> octave-3.2.3:43> label=bwlabel(top)
>> parse error near line 44 of file /Users/samsetchell/Desktop/BER10/bwlabel.m
>>
>>  syntax error

>>                                       ^
>>
>> parse error near line 44 of file /Users/samsetchell/Desktop/BER10/bwlabel.m
>>
>>  invalid parameter list
>
> This is very strange. Can you post the bwlabel.m file you're using?
> Where did you acquire it? Also please post the code you're running.

Silly me, I just realised that Octave's bwlabel is an oct file, not an
m-file. So you grabbed some bwlabel file from somewhere, not from
Octave Forge's image package, and it doesn't work with Octave. Is that
Matlab's bwlabel? It looks like you're using Mac OS X, is that right?
Did you attempt to do "pkg install image-1.0.14.tar.gz" from Octave?
Did it fail to compile?

I'm not sure what's the easiest way to get the Octave-Forge packages
installed on Mac OS X. They me be already packaged by Fink or Macports
or one of those, but I doubt it. Try to install it as described above
and see how far along we get.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.