Re: octave

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: octave
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 02:40:05 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Please do not reply personally but reply to the ML.!

The error is limitation of current octave for windows.
When I type exit in the octave window  then no error but error is caused error
right upper mark like 'X'.

About POSIX, please see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POSIX

Octave itself originally had been developed on the Unix platform.
Windows is not always compatible to the POSIX so  that some errors is not easy
to fix.

However, the exit issue you haven pointed can be avoided using the windows api
function..

Implementation of eliminating error by pressing 'X' mark on window using
windows api function should be discussed in the maintainer ML but not help M L
(here).

At the moment, there is not way to avoid this error. It's a feature.

Regards

Tatsuro