Re: dlmwrite

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: dlmwrite
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:02:24 +0100

On 27 June 2011 14:41, Susanne Nieß <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Sorry. Here it is:
>>>
>>> bam.m:
>>> a=load('qjbx1203');
>>> a=spconvert(a);
>>> b=load('qjbx013');
>>> b=spconvert(b);
>>> c=a*b;
>>> [q1,q2,q3]=find(c);
>>> q=[q1 q2 q3];
>>> dlmwrite('qjbx0203',q,'delimiter',' ','precision',20);
>>> clear;
>>>
>>> qjbx0203:
>>> 1g 1g 6g
>>> 2g 2g 2g
>>> 3g 2g 2g
>>> 4g 3g 2g
>>
>> You forgot to also reply to the mailing-list. It's better to keep
>> conversations there so that everyone can help. Also, you didn't attach
>> the files with the original matrix (qjbx1203 and qjbx013).
>>
>> Anyway, I can read the file generated with dlmwrite, no problem, with
>> dlmread. Try:
>>
>> dlmread('qjbx0203')
>>
>> You could use the command 'save' to save the matrix into a file as well.
>>
> Thank you for your advice. Now I have an even simpler example:
>
> bam.m:
> q=[1 2 3; 4 5 6];
> dlmwrite('testcsv',q,'delimiter',' ','precision',20);
> clear;
>
> testcsv:
> 1g 2g 3g
> 4g 5g 6g
>
> If I use the command "save" this changes the format, I want it as a csv to
> leave it compatible with something else. Up to now, I tried to read files
> with "load". Even if I can read those files with dlmread, the additional "g"
> after each number will cost a lot of disk space so the best thing would
> still be to eliminate it. There was something about this on the bug tracker
> under bug #29870 but I could not use the solution because the mentioned file
> does not exist on my system. Can you help my?

I don't know what that g stands for. But it disappears if you drop the
precision=20 option

dlmwrite('testcsv',q,'delimiter',' ')

Also, there's others formats that you can use with save. See 'help save'

Carnë