Re: testing octave-3.4.0-3 on cygwin snapshots

From: Nit Nit
Subject: Re: testing octave-3.4.0-3 on cygwin snapshots
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 12:20:06 +0300

Hello Marko,

Thanks for your reply.

I have experimented a bit with the installed packages anf finally could get mkoctfile to run and build the simple oct demo exaple.

This the sequence of my installs and what I have got in response:

1.

installed:

octave
octave-devel
octave-doc
octave-forge
gnuplot
xinit

Replaced cygwin1.dll with cygwin1-20110606.dllOctave, and octave could run and plot in an x terminal

Got in response to mkoctfile:

gcc: command not found

2.

Installed:

gcc4-core
gcc4-g++

Got in response to mkoctfile:

ld: cannot find -lfftw3
ld: cannot find -lfftw3f
ld: cannot find -lgfortranbegin
ld: cannot find -lgfortran

3.

Installed:

gcc4-fortran
libfftw3-develop

and mkoctfile could run and buid the simple example.

I assume that this the minimal set of packages to be installed so you may add these dependencies to the octave cygwin packages and/or update the instructions inĀ http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForWindows

Regards
nitnit