Re: GNU Octave 3.4.2 Released

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: GNU Octave 3.4.2 Released
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 12:14:59 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- On Sat, 2011/6/25, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 25-Jun-2011, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>
> | If you have the time, please tell me what is wrong with the below test.
>
> | **********************************
> |   ***** test
> | format short
> | fd = tmpfile ();
> | for r = [0, Inf -Inf, NaN]
> |    for i = [0, Inf -Inf, NaN]
> |      fdisp (fd, complex (r, i));
> |    endfor
> | endfor
> | fclose (fd);
> | !!!!! test failed
> | fdisp: invalid stream number = -1
> | *************************************
>
> The tmpfile function is failing and returning -1.  Why does that
> happen here?  Does it happen every time tmpfile is called?
>
> The tmpfile function is defined in file-io.cc but doesn't appear to
> have any tests of its own.

The FAIL on pr-output.cc happened Friday build for the development source.  But
I did not see the fntest.log at that time.   I will see it on Monday at the
university.

Perhaps I will not be able to find the reason of the failure.  At that time I
will register this phenomenon to the octave bug tracker.

Regards

Tatsuro