Re: Compiling Octave on Win 7, well compiling La Pack first.

From: Kai Habel
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave on Win 7, well compiling La Pack first.
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:02:35 +0200

Am 23.06.2011 19:30, schrieb Carel van Dam:
Hi,

I was trying to mail this to the general queries on old Nabble and I got redirected to this list. If I've posted into the wrong spot let me know and I'll fix it ASAP, assuming you're redirections are not too cryptic.

I'm having a few problems compiling Octave, well I started there and now I' having trouble compiling LaPack. I'm using win 7 and I've loaded all of the minGW stuff and cygwin and I've tried most things I've seen on the web for the last month or so. The most successful route I've followed to date is given at the following website :

http://www.codingday.com/compile-lapack-and-blas-as-dll-on-windows/

Which got me a BLAS.dll file but wouldn't go to a LaPack.dll

See one of the comments on the link you gave below.
I had the same problem, but this help I could compile a lapack.dll.

Kai

Jhcho says:

@metator

I have been troubled with the same problem with gfortran,
but finally succeeded to compile LAPACK using gmake.

1. Copy INSTALL/make.inc.gfortran file and make make.inc file.
2. Goto SRC folder and gmake (gmake compiles INSTALL/dlamch.f, slamch.f automatically.)
3. gfortran -shared -o lapack64.dll *.o ../INSTALL/dlamch.o ../INSTALL/slamch.o ../BLAS/SRC/blas64.dll -O