Re: testing octave-3.4.0-3 on cygwin snapshots

From: Marco atzeri
Subject: Re: testing octave-3.4.0-3 on cygwin snapshots
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:22:11 +0200

On 6/23/2011 4:35 PM, Nit Nit wrote:

Hello Octave help

I have recently installed Cygwin Octave and could use it succesfully by:

1. Installing cygwin from scratch with the following packages:

octave
octave-devel
octave-doc
octave-forge
gnuplot
xinit

2. Replacing cygwin1.dll with cygwin1-20110606.dll

At that stage I could use octave including graphics and octaveforge packages

I have tried to use mkoctfile in order to compile octave helloworld.cc
as listed in
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Getting-Started-with-Oct_002dFiles.html
and found out that some cygwin packages are still missing !

Hi Nit,
never expected my packages are perfect ;-)

which packages are missing ? Could you provide the log ?

octave-devel is pulling libncurses-devel liblapack-devel libhdf5-devel
eventually I should add also libfftw3-devel.

Does anyone can provide information about minimal cygwin packages
required for octave mkoctfile ?

Regrads
nitnit

Marco