Re: error on reading in a wave file wavread: sample format 0xfffe is not

From: Rick T
Subject: Re: error on reading in a wave file wavread: sample format 0xfffe is not supported
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 07:12:12 -1000

I don't think it's a bug but I'll run some more test and see which parameters causes the problem

tia

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:01 AM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 21-Jun-2011, Rick T wrote:

| Greetings All
|
| I'm trying to read in an audio wave file that is a 96000hz 1 second file that
| is 375.1kB
|

| filewavallpathStr= '/home/rat/Documents/octave/raw_audio/';
|
| [aa_pos_neg_combined, fs_rate, nbitsraw] = wavread(strcat
| (filewavallpathStr,'all.wav'));
|

| I'm getting this error
|
| error: wavread: sample format 0xfffe is not supported
|
| error: called from:
|
| error: /usr/share/octave/3.2.4/m/audio/wavread.m at line 111, column 5
|

| I'm using octave 3.2.4 on ubuntu 64
|

| Can octave waveread command only read in 44100hz files?

I have no idea, but if you think this is a bug, then please submit a
report on the bug tracker, here:

 https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave

Please attach a sample file to the report that wavread can't read
properly so that someone can reproduce the problem.

jwe