Re: Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:28:00 -0400

On 20-Jun-2011, José Luis García Pallero wrote:

| El día 20 de junio de 2011 19:09, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> escribió:
| > Both of these problems should be fixed now.
| >
| > When you built from the mercurial sources, did you build the stable
| > branch?  I suspect that you just built the default branch, and that
| > they changes which were made on the stable branch had not yet been
| > merged to the default branch at the time when you last updated your
| > copy of the sources.
| >
| > jwe
| >

| I check out the sources via:
|
| hg clone http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
|
| If I execute hg tip:
|
| changeset:   12760:e8fe03bfc051
| branch:      stable
| tag:         tip
| parent:      12758:ecd1364a2700
| user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
| date:        Mon Jun 20 12:52:28 2011 -0400
| summary:     allow concatenation of scalar structures with []
|
| Yes, the branch is stable, but the changeset is
| http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/e8fe03bfc051 that is the
| last one now un the hg web
|
| How can I check out the correct branch?

After you check out the sources, do

  hg update stable

The "tip" is just the latest version in the archive.  It's not
necessarily the latest changeset on the branch that is in your current
working directory.  The command

  hg heads

will show you the current heads of all the branches.  If you want to
know where you are on the branch you are currently working in, do
something like

  hg heads $(hg branch)

(bash syntax).

jwe