Re: Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:09:00 -0400

On 20-Jun-2011, Philip Nienhuis wrote:

| José Luis García Pallero wrote:

| >> |
| >> |

| >> One fix is to edit the bootstrap script and change the lines
| >>
| >>     shallow=
| >>     git clone -h 2>&1 | grep -- --depth>  /dev/null&&  shallow='--depth 2'
| >>     git clone $shallow git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib "$gnulib_path" ||
| >>       cleanup_gnulib

| >>     git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib "$gnulib_path" || cleanup_gnulib
| >>
| >> I reported this problem in April:
| >>
| >>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2011-04/msg00227.html
| >>
| >> Maybe you could report it again, or revive that thread to let someone
| >> know it is still failing?
| >>
| >> In any case, if you just want to fix your 3.4.0 installation, there is
| >> really no need to build a complete new version of Octave from scratch.
| >> You can just install 3.4.0 and then cd to $prefix/bin and do
| >>
| >>   mv mkoctfile mkoctfile-3.4.0
| >>   ln -s mkoctfile-3.4.0 mkoctfile
| >>   mv octave-config octave-config-3.4.0
| >>   ln -s octave-config-3.4.0 octave-config
| >>
| >> jwe
| >
| > Hi,
| > I've compiled and installed the Mercurial sources (the changeset made
| > yesterday by jwe,
| > http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/5ee4fc58585f). In the bin/
| > folder no mkoctfile-x.x.x nor octave-config-x.x.x were created. I've
| > renamed the files and make symbolic links as jwe suggested and all
| > runs. But what about the fact that mkoctfile does not recognizes
| > options as -Wall? It is a bug or a new feature?
|
| See this thread:

https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2011-June/024017.html

Both of these problems should be fixed now.

When you built from the mercurial sources, did you build the stable
branch?  I suspect that you just built the default branch, and that
they changes which were made on the stable branch had not yet been
merged to the default branch at the time when you last updated your
copy of the sources.

jwe