Re: Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1

From: José Luis García Pallero
Subject: Re: Problems with mkoctfile in new Octave 3.4.1
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:34:24 +0200

El día 19 de junio de 2011 20:13, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> escribió:
> On 19-Jun-2011, José Luis García Pallero wrote:
>
> | I'm trying to compile the mercurial sources with the last mkoctfile
> | fix patch and when I execute ./autogen.sh in order to generate the
> | configure script the proccess is waiting for a long time in the step
> | "Cloning into gnulib...". I'm waiting since 10 minutes and autogen.sh
> | is not terminated. The messages of ./autogen.sh is:
> |
> | address@hidden:~/Desktop/octave$ ./autogen.sh
> | generating source lists for liboctave/Makefile...
> | generating doc/interpreter/images.mk...
> | generating src/DLD-FUNCTIONS/module.mk...
> | bootstrapping...
> | build-aux/bootstrap: Bootstrapping from checked-out octave sources...
> | build-aux/bootstrap: getting gnulib files...
> | Cloning into gnulib...
> |
> | Is needed any order previous to ./autogen.sh in order to build Octave
> | from Mercurial sources? I'm in Debian Sid and I have installed the
> | autotools insfrastructure (autoconf 2.68, automake 1.11.1, etc)
>
> One fix is to edit the bootstrap script and change the lines
>
>    shallow=
>    git clone -h 2>&1 | grep -- --depth > /dev/null && shallow='--depth 2'
>    git clone $shallow git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib "$gnulib_path" ||
>      cleanup_gnulib

>    git clone git://git.sv.gnu.org/gnulib "$gnulib_path" || cleanup_gnulib
>
> I reported this problem in April:
>
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnulib/2011-04/msg00227.html
>
> Maybe you could report it again, or revive that thread to let someone
> know it is still failing?
>
> In any case, if you just want to fix your 3.4.0 installation, there is
> really no need to build a complete new version of Octave from scratch.
> You can just install 3.4.0 and then cd to $prefix/bin and do
>
>  mv mkoctfile mkoctfile-3.4.0
>  ln -s mkoctfile-3.4.0 mkoctfile
>  mv octave-config octave-config-3.4.0
>  ln -s octave-config-3.4.0 octave-config
>
> jwe

Hi,
I've compiled and installed the Mercurial sources (the changeset made
yesterday by jwe,
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/5ee4fc58585f). In the bin/
folder no mkoctfile-x.x.x nor octave-config-x.x.x were created. I've
renamed the files and make symbolic links as jwe suggested and all
runs. But what about the fact that mkoctfile does not recognizes
options as -Wall? It is a bug or a new feature?

José Luis García Pallero
address@hidden
(o<
/ / \