Re: prefab for circular modes?

From: xoxos
Subject: Re: prefab for circular modes?
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:32:46 -0700 (PDT)

thank you for asking :) i'm a c++ programmer, so i'm looking for a way to put
integers for m and n (diametric and radial node counts) in and get the ratio
of the modal frequency to the fundamental out, eg. 1.59, 2.14 et c.
understanding it isn't crucial as my involvement isn't going further than
this application (modal synthesis, eg. using a bank of tuned resonators to
recycle impulses and efficiently create emulative timbres).

i expect that at some level this operation can be described in high school
algebraic form, it is only more convenient for mathematicians to use the
vernacular, which is why the descriptions are unintelligible to me.