Re: Error using plot in octave

From: Liam Groener
Subject: Re: Error using plot in octave
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 15:22:36 -0700

On May 26, 2011, at 11:12 AM, Thirunavukkarasu wrote:

I am a newbie to Linux and using Ubuntu 11.04

When I was using octave for simple plotting

x=[0:pi/32/10*pi]';
y=sin(x);
plot(x,y)

Following error occurred when I used plot command

panic: Illegal instruction -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
GNU Octave, version 3.2.4
Copyright (C) 2009 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. For details, type `warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i686-pc-linux-gnu".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html

Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).

For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.

I request you to sort out this issue.
Are you sure the line:
x=[0:pi/32/10*pi]';
is not supposed to be: