How can I get a progress bar

From: Chethan S
Subject: How can I get a progress bar
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 17:52:29 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,

I am using 'nlfilter' to carry out an image processing operation. As the image is very large the operation takes about half an hour to complete and show the output. But to ascertain the progress of the operation I find no way except to look at the blinking cursor at the terminal. For such operations MATLAB displays a small dialog box which shows the progress. Can I enable such a functionality in Octave? At least a progress line (a line from 0 moving towards 100 %) instead of blinking cursor would be OK.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.