pkg.m does not find installed packages after downgrading from 3.4 to 3.2

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: pkg.m does not find installed packages after downgrading from 3.4 to 3.2.4
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:15:03 -0600

Without going into details, I recently found it necessary to run an
older version of Octave (3.2.4) after happily running 3.4.0 for
several months.  I never uninstalled the old version of Octave, so I
simply type 'octave-3.2.4' to run it.  I cannot see any of the
packages I installed from 3.4.0 when I run 3.2.4, even though 'pkg
prefix' seems to be pointing to the correct location(s).  Any
suggestions, or is this a bug?

-EJR