Re: license of Octave logo

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: license of Octave logo
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:40:30 -0500

On 12 May 2011 06:17, André Bubel <address@hidden> wrote:
> is the Octave logo also covered by the GPLv3? I want to use it in
> another GPLv3 covered program indicating the support of Octave, e.g. at
> startup or in a menu. Is this possible?

I would be shocked if Fotios decided to not make the logo free.
However, if you're making yet another frontend for Octave (it looks
like those projects breed like rabbits), please allow me to dissuade
you and suggest you help us instead with the semi-blessed codename
Quint project which you can find at my clone of the Octave repository:

     https://bitbucket.org/jordigh/gnu-octave

- Jordi G. H.