Re: DSP - pattern search

From: Bob Odom
Subject: Re: DSP - pattern search
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 10:35:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 10 May 2011, Peter Norlindh wrote:

Hi,

I am analyzing a sequence of data.  The data contains a characteristic
sequence that is repeated sporadically throughout the data set.  Although
the sequence is easy to identify to the eye, its shape varies considerably
in a quantitative way (it stretches and contracts irregularly in both
amplitude and length).

Do you know of any methods for localizing characteristic sequences in data?
Can you suggest litterature that covers the topic?

Regards,
hpon

I am in no way and expert in this area, but this sounds like a wavelet
problem to me. I think there is a wavelet package for octave.

Bob