Re: Quick Learning resources for Octave

From: Moo
Subject: Re: Quick Learning resources for Octave
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 04:37:37 -0600

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Chethan S <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all!

Can someone suggest me freely available learning resources for Octave - websites, downloadable documents etc. I have some exposure to MATLAB, so I hope it won't be difficult. But I need resources which suits a beginner. I use Octave on Ubuntu 11.04.

Thanks and regards,

Chethan S.

Don't know if it exactly suits your needs, but someone sent something to the mailing list awhile ago they'd made.  It's clean and pretty straightforward, in my opinion.  Most (if not all) applies equally to both octave and matlab.  The later chapters move away from a straight guide into application problems (along with the mathematical analysis), which may or may not interest you.

http://www8.cs.umu.se/~fotios/OctaveRevPack.pdf