Re: Quick Learning resources for Octave

From: Martin Helm
Subject: Re: Quick Learning resources for Octave
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 11:15:10 +0200

Am Montag, 9. Mai 2011, 06:45:29 schrieb Chethan S:
> Hi all!
>
> Can someone suggest me freely available learning resources for Octave -
> websites, downloadable documents etc. I have some exposure to MATLAB, so I
> hope it won't be difficult. But I need resources which suits a beginner. I
> use Octave on Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Chethan S.

There is of course the octave manual which should be installed on your machine
(I do not know where it is located in ubuntu). The newest online version for
octave 3.4 is here
http://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/

In addition there is a tutorial from Andreas Stahel for his students, which
you can download from
https://staff.ti.bfh.ch/sha1/Labs/PWF/Documentation/OctaveAtBFH.pdf