Re: nesting function error in leasqrdemo.m

From: Olga Kruglova
Subject: Re: nesting function error in leasqrdemo.m
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 14:58:30 +0200

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
Am Freitag, 22. April 2011, 14:38:43 schrieb Olga Kruglova:
> It is an example how leasqr.m performs fitting procedure for exponential
> function,
> http://lis.epfl.ch/cgi-bin/dwww?type=file&location=/usr/share/doc/octave-fo
> rge/scripts/optim/leasqrdemo.m
>
> Olga
>
> On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Martin Helm <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 22. April 2011, 09:43:49 schrieb olga_kruglova:
> > > Hello everybody,
> > >
> > > I have been testing leasqrdemo.m to see how it works to make my own
> > > routine. But when I try to run octave gives me an error :
> > >
> > > error: nested functions not implemented in this context
> > > error: near line 75 of file `leasqrdemo.m.m'
> > > parse error near line 75 of file leasqrdemo.m
> > >
> > >   syntax error

> > >             ^
> > >
> > > error: source: error sourcing file `leasqrdemo.m'
> > >
> > > Could you please help to understand why it happens? Thank you very much
> >
> > in
> >
> > > advance!
> > >
> > > Olga
> >
> > Forgive me my ignorance, but where does leasqrdemo come from, I can not
> > find it
> > as part of octave and I cannot find it as part of the current optim
> > package?

Please answer at the bottom not at the top it is easier to read and is the
usual way here.

I copied the script and ran it without error message.
Using octvae 3.4, optim package 1.0.16 on 64 bit linux.

Can you tell us which version of octave, optim and operating system you use to
compare.

It is octave 3.2.4 i686-pc-mingw32 gcc-4.4.0 on WindowsXP SP3.

Olga