nesting function error in leasqrdemo.m

From: olga_kruglova
Subject: nesting function error in leasqrdemo.m
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 00:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everybody,

I have been testing leasqrdemo.m to see how it works to make my own routine.
But when I try to run octave gives me an error :

error: nested functions not implemented in this context
error: near line 75 of file `leasqrdemo.m.m'
parse error near line 75 of file leasqrdemo.m

  syntax error

>>> function y = leasqrfunc(x,p);
            ^

error: source: error sourcing file `leasqrdemo.m'

Could you please help to understand why it happens? Thank you very much in
advance!

Olga