Re: re-interpreting Octave output

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: re-interpreting Octave output
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 16:52:59 -0400

On 21-Apr-2011, findtype wrote:

| More naively, a related question is this.  How do you select a part of the
| output for further use?  Is there a way to
| copy it to a clipboard?  The output from my octave (in cygwin), does not
| respond to mouse commands.

Octave doesn't really have anything to do with cutting and pasting.
What terminal are you running Octave in?  I think that's the
application that needs to respond to selecting text, cutting, and
pasting.

Does the advice near the bottom of the following page about enabling
quick edit mode for cut and paste still apply (I don't have Cygwin, so
can't test it myself)?

  http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/nld/new/Docs/GettingStarted/Cygwin/

jwe