Re: Package problem on mac octave

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Package problem on mac octave
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:00:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Apr 20, 2011, at 01:54 PM, Adam Dershowitz <address@hidden> wrote:

On Apr 20, 2011, at 10:07 AM, Julien Salort wrote:

> Le 20 avr. 2011 à 17:37, Adam Dershowitz a écrit :
>
>> Nope.
>> I went to make the change, only to find that you are correct that you had made that change already. At least line 43 is already identical to what you have below. Yet, I am still getting the same error.
>> Other ideas? I see that libgfortranbegin is in the package, but the warning below suggests that it is not being found.
>
> The following workaround works on my Mac, although this is probably quite dirty.
>
> Edit the file: /Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources/bin/mkoctfile-3.4.0
> and search for "/tmp/deps-i386" and replace all by "/Applications/Octave.app/Contents/Resources"
>
> I'm interested if someone knows how to do things in a less ugly way !
> In a mean time, if you can confirm that this fixes the problem, maybe a new .app should be uploaded to sourceforge...
>
> Julien

Julien,

I also don't see fltk in octave. Should that be an option? Do I need to do something to point to it? Not a big deal, I was just curious about it for plotting, and I see that there are fltk libraries in the mac binary. But if I do:

octave-3.4.0:10> available_graphics_toolkits ()
ans =
{
[1,1] = gnuplot
}

Again and environment variable issue?

Thanks,

--Adam

The FLTK backend won't show up until after it has been initialized. Try ..

octave:1> graphics_toolkit fltk octave:2> available_graphics_toolkits ans = { [1,1] = fltk [1,2] = gnuplot }

Ben