Re: Linking to external static (!) library

From: TOT
Subject: Re: Linking to external static (!) library
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:18:27 -0700 (PDT)

martin_helm wrote:

> To come back to your library: Is the use of the options for the
> compilation
> really so much splitted to different places? I would usually think that it
> has
> some central makefile or a configure script which makes it easy to
> recompile the
> whole thing with minimal effort.

Yes it is. The library were build in early 80s so it's obsolete by means of
configure script. The make file is a peace of art by it's own. I already
tried to make it shared by it refused to compile on other computers in the
grid - so I put it away for someone to help me in the future...

Any other ideas?
What about matlab - does it behave the same by means of static linking?

Regards,
Anar

-----
Back to the future!