mkoctfile not found

From: Terry Duell
Subject: mkoctfile not found
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:37:21 +1000

Hullo All,
I am running Octave 3.2.4 on Fedora 14, using the Fedora 14 binary package which I recently modified to include a patch to fix a bug with imread.
I am having trouble with the 'mex' and mkoctfile' commands.
Here are the results of a couple of different tries;

octave:4> mex "apply_blur_kernel_mex.c"
sh: /usr/bin/mkoctfile-3.2.4: No such file or directory
warning: unable to find mkoctfile in expected location: `/usr/bin/mkoctfile-3.2.4'
warning: mkoctfile exited with failure status

octave:6> mkoctfile --mex apply_blur_kernel_mex.c
sh: /usr/bin/mkoctfile-3.2.4: No such file or directory
warning: unable to find mkoctfile in expected location: `/usr/bin/mkoctfile-3.2.4'
warning: mkoctfile exited with failure status

For some reason I don't seem to have 'mkoctfile', if that what the messages are really saying.

Does anyone have any idea as what is going on and how it might be fixed?

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell