Re: oct files

From: Victor Hanby
Subject: Re: oct files
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:00:02 +0100

Each component model is modular, so compiling with multiple files will be fine. I could add in the file containing the thermodynamic functions into each model (cooling tower, fan, w.h.y.) but it would be more elegant if I could do it as per your last paragraph.

I'm a bit out of my depth here, thanks for the help.

Vic

On 12 Apr 2011, at 17:30, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 12-Apr-2011, Victor Hanby wrote:

| I'm looking at including some legacy code (f77 and C) component models
| into an Octave simulation. The compilation into .oct files seems
| pretty straightforward but nearly all my models call other functions/
| subroutines which return values such as thermodynamic properties.
|
| I can't figure out how to accommodate this, any advice would be much
| appreciated.

You can compile multiple files with mkoctfile:

 mkoctfile mainfunction.cc sub1.c sub2.f objectfile.o -lmylib

or you can use it like a compiler linker:

 mkoctfile -c mainfunction.cc
 mkoctfile -c sub1.c
 mkoctfile -c sub2.f
 mkoctfile mainfunction.o sub1.o sub2.o objectfile.o -lmylib

Or are you asking how to call Fortran and C functions from the
function you define with DEFUN in the main C++ file that you use to
define the function that Octave can call?

jwe

Professor Vic Hanby
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University
Leicester LE1 9BH  UK