Zenity for Octave via MacPorts Problem

From: imagamca
Subject: Zenity for Octave via MacPorts Problem
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 19:44:10 -0400

Hello,

I am having a similar problem to the problem described here:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/zenity-package-from-MacPorts-td2322820.html

I have installed both octave and zenity through MacPorts and the
installation seems to have gone fine. I see the .m files for the
package but whenever I try to call any of the functions I get the
following:

octave:17> zenity_text_info(d,'test')
sh: zenity: command not found
error: zenity_text_info:
error: called from:
error:   /opt/local/share/octave/packages/zenity-0.5.7/zenity_text_info.m
at line 52, column 5

This happens with all of the functions. I have done pkg load zenity
and pkg list, which shows that zenity is loaded. I'd really like to
have this work as I am trying to write a tutorial for using this
package for a class.

Thank you

Antonio