Re: Octave 3.4.0 for Mac OS X

From: GFotios
Subject: Re: Octave 3.4.0 for Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 11:42:32 +0200

On Apr 8, 2011, at 10:37 AM, Julien Salort wrote:

Hello,

I've built a new version of Octave-3.4.0 for Mac OS X (i386):
<http://upload.grenoble.cnrs.fr/telechargement/mJaV077cuu/octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg >

It now has been compiled with optimization options and with flags that
make it compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (as far as I know).

There is still an issue with the version of gfortran that is packed inside the bundle: it won't start on Mac OS X 10.5. This means that people running Mac OS X 10.5 will have to install their own gfortran if
they want to compile packages that requires fortran...

Can people confirm if this version launches fine on their macs ?

There is also a problem with the fltk backend: it is not possible to resize the window. I've tried to apply some patches that were posted on
this list a while ago without much success.
In addition, using the Edit->GUI menuitem from the menubar in the fltk
window crashes octave.

Apart from that, I've been using this version for my work for a couple
of days and it seems to work for me...

Julien