Octave 3.4.0 for Mac OS X

From: Julien Salort
Subject: Octave 3.4.0 for Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:37:46 +0200

Hello,

I've built a new version of Octave-3.4.0 for Mac OS X (i386):
<http://upload.grenoble.cnrs.fr/telechargement/mJaV077cuu/octave-3.4.0-i386.dmg>

It now has  been compiled with optimization options  and with flags that
make it compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 (as far as I know).

There is  still an  issue with  the version of  gfortran that  is packed
inside the  bundle: it  won't start on  Mac OS  X 10.5. This  means that
people running Mac OS X 10.5  will have to install their own gfortran if
they want to compile packages that requires fortran...

Can people confirm if this version launches fine on their macs ?

There is  also a problem  with the fltk  backend: it is not  possible to
resize the window. I've tried to  apply some patches that were posted on
this list a while ago without much success.
In addition, using  the Edit->GUI menuitem from the  menubar in the fltk
window crashes octave.

Apart from that,  I've been using this version for my  work for a couple
of days and it seems to work for me...

Julien